15th Leslie Fox Prize in Numerical Analysis, June 27, 2011
WelcomeThis website contains the call for papers for the 15th Leslie Fox Prize and (from around April 2011) the shortlist and programme details. It also contains historical information on the Prize (past winners and prize reports etc.) and information on Leslie Fox himself.
Leslie Fox Prize MeetingThe Leslie Fox Prize meeting will take place on Monday, June 27th 2011, in the Manchester Institute for Mathematical Sciences at The University of Manchester.
RegistrationRegistration for the Prize meeting is free. Please complete and submit the registration form
- 15th Leslie Fox Prize web site launched August 13, 2010.
- Call for papers issued August 13, 2010.
- Finalists announced, March 23, 2011.
- Registration opens and programme published, May 6, 2011.
Results announced, June 27, 2011:
First Prize to
- Yuji Nakatsukasa (University of California, Davis).
- Ben Adcock (Simon Fraser University)
- Arnulf Jentzen (Princeton University)
- Richard Norton (University of Oxford)
- Bart Vandereycken (ETH)
- Konstantinos Zygalakis (University of Oxford)
SponsorsThe prize meeting is supported financially by the Manchester Institute for Mathematical Sciences (MIMS). We are delighted to acknowledge that a number of leading publishers are supplementing the prizes with some of their excellent mathematical publications:
- Cambridge University Press
- CRC Press
- Oxford University Press
- Princeton University Press
- SIAM: Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Springer Verlag