MIMS Workshop on
This workshop is part of the
New Directions series of workshops taking place in the Manchester Institute of Mathematical Sciences at the School of Mathematics, The University of Manchester, and is funded by the Institute.
It will focus on new statistical challenges in the pharmaceutical
industry and NHS. The School of Mathematics has invited the following
highly respected experts to give talks:
New Directions in Statistics in Industry
September 16, 2008
- Prof. Dave Collett, UK Transplant
- Dr. Sara Hughes, Director, Statistics and Programming & PSI Chair, Infectious Diseases, GlaxoSmithKline
- Professor Byron Jones, Senior Director, Statistical Research and Consulting Centre, Pfizer Global Research and Development
- Dr. Peter Lane, Director of SRU, GlaxoSmithKline
- Dr. Ian Peers, Director of Discovery Statistics, AstraZeneca
- Dr. Harry Southworth, Statistical Science Director, AstraZeneca
The workshop is limited to about 60 participants. Please e-mail email@example.com if you wish to attend. Places are allocated on the first come first served bases.
For each external participant, a registration fee 5 pounds will be charged, which includes tea/coffee/biscuits at session breaks. To register please complete and return the Registration form.