30th ARTIN Meeting
University of Manchester, Friday December 2 - Saturday December 3, 2011
The thirtieth meeting of Algebra and Representation Theory In the North (ARTIN) will be held in the School of Mathematics at the University of Manchester. Funding is coming from the London Mathematical Society, University of Manchester, Glasgow Mathematical Journal Trust, the Royal Society and Wolfson Trust.
Friday, December 2, 2011
Talks are in room G 209, Alan Turing Building.
- 15:00-15:30: Tea/Coffee
- 15:30-16:30: Paul Levy (Lancaster University), Singularities in nilpotent cones of exceptional type Lie algebras
- 16:30-17:00: Tea/Coffee
- 17:00-18:00: Tom Nevins (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), t-Exactness for Quantum Symplectic Resolutions
Saturaday, December 3, 2011
Talks are in The Frank Adams Room, Alan Turing Building
- 09:30-10:30: Jacob Greenstein (California, Riverside) On quantum folding and Hall algebras
- 10:30-11:00: Tea/Coffee
- 11:00-12:00: Bill Crawley-Boevey (University of Leeds) Generalizations of representations of quivers and preprojective algebras
- 12:10-13:10: Kobi Kremnizer (Oxford University) Quantum groups, the Springer resolution and the affine grassmannian
Coffee and Tea will be served in the faculty lounge on the First floor of the Alan Turing Building
There will be a dinner on Friday night at Zouk's restaurant, at 7:30pm. Please email Toby Stafford if you would like to attend the dinner.
The School of Mathematics is located in the Alan Turing Building, some 15 minutes walk from the Manchester Piccadilly train station (the Oxford Road train station is equally close). Further details can be found on the departmental web site.
If you have any questions, please, contact Toby Stafford.
If you intend to come and need an overnight accommodation, please contact Toby Stafford. Similarly, if you plan to come for the dinner do please let Toby know so that we can make the necessary reservations.
We have funds available to subsidize accommodation and travel expenses for participants, which will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact Alexey Sevastyanov for details.