This network is
by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
from May 2011 to April 2014.
It aims to build a new interdisciplinary research community at the numerical
algorithms/HPC interface, by
supporting interaction and collaboration between UK
numerical analysts, computer scientists
and developers and users of software and HPC.
Numerical Algorithms and High Performance Computing
Network activities include interaction between research groups across the UK, short courses and workshops, and training of research students and postdoctoral researchers.
The network is coordinated by Nick Higham and David Silvester and the administrator is Jenny Gradwell. The network Scientific Committee comprises the coordinators, the administrator, and the leads at each node, namely, George A Constantinides, Peter Coveney, Mike Dewar, Mike Giles, Peter Jimack, Ben Leimkuhler, Simon McIntosh-Smith, Jennifer Scott, Stan Scott.
- Report on the Creativity Workshop held April 2014.
- Fernando Perez (UC Berkeley), is in the UK at the end of April in a visit partly funded by the Network. Fernando is a leading light in the use of Python for scientific computing and leads the IPython project. He is also a core member of the new Berkeley Institute for Data Science. The first talk will take place on Monday 28th April, 11am-12pm, Frank Adams rooms, Alan Turing Building (contact Jenny Gradwell) and the second 2-4pm on the same day, Lecture Theatre G20, Mansfield Cooper building (contact Michael Croucher). Fernando will also talk at Sheffield on 23rd April (contact James Hensman) and Southampton on 2nd May (contact Hans Fangohr).
- Emerging Technology for Scientific Computing at the University of Manchester, Friday 11th April 2014
University Place, The University of Manchester
- Advances in Numerical Algorithms and High Performance Computing, 14-15th April, 2014
University College, London
- New Directions in Nonlinear Optimization, 19th March 2014
Alan Turing Building, The University of Manchester
- Manchester-NAG-RAL Workshop (MNR13),
October 23, 2013
School of Mathematics, The University of Manchester
- New Algorithms for Exascale Computing. 04 - 06 December 2013, University of Cologne, Germany.
- A Brief Guide to Getting Started in Python.
Thursday September 12, 1-3pm, FA1 and FA2.
Speaker: Drs Jonathan Boyle & Michael Croucher (EPS faculty IS team)
- Three faculty positions in many core research available in the School of Computer Science at University of Manchester.
- Lecture - Correct and efficient GPU programming by Dr Anton Lokhmotov. ARM. 21st November 2012, 14:15 in Kilburn lecture theatre 1.4.
- LMS Computer Science Colloquium: Verification and Numerical Algorithms - Tuesday 13 November 2012, De Morgan House, London. Please click here for the event poster.
- IBM Future View is Data-Centric
- Perspectives on Parallel Numerical Linear Algebra (PPNLA) - July 18, 2012, The University of Manchester.
- EPSRC Software for the Future Workshop - 31 May 2012
- University of Manchester press release for NA-HPC Network, January 2012.
- Report on workshop Advances in High Performance Scientific Computing.
- Four new nodes, University of Bristol, Imperial College, University of Leeds and Queen's University Belfast have joined the NA-HPC Network, January 2012.
- New Report: The GPU Computing Revolution: from Multi-Core CPUs to Many-Core Graphics Processors - from the Industrial Mathematics KTN.
- New CCP for Algorithms and Software for Emerging Architectures (ASEArch), led by Anne Trefethen, funded by EPSRC.
- EPSRC commits over £3.5 million of support for collaborative computational projects.
- Today (3-10-11) a £145 million boost to improve Britain’s e-infrastructure was announced by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Requests for funding from NA-HPC Node Members are now being accepted - please see the 'For Members' section for the relevant application forms.