The NA-HPC Network is supporting the following events - network members are therefore eligible to apply for funding for these events.
- Fernando Perez (UC Berkeley), is in the UK at the end of April in a visit partly funded by the Network. Fernando is a leading light in the use of Python for scientific computing and leads the IPython project. He is also a core member of the new Berkeley Institute for Data Science. The first talk will take place on Monday 28th April, 11am-12pm, Frank Adams rooms, Alan Turing Building (contact Jenny Gradwell) and the second 2-4pm on the same day, Lecture Theatre G20, Mansfield Cooper building (contact Michael Croucher). Fernando will also talk at Sheffield on 23rd April (contact James Hensman) and Southampton on 2nd May (contact Hans Fangohr).
- Advances in Numerical Algorithms and High Performance Computing, 14-15th April, 2014
University College, London
- Emerging Technology for Scientific Computing at the University of Manchester, Friday 11th April 2014
University Place, The University of Manchester
- New Directions in Nonlinear Optimization, 19th March 2014
Alan Turing Building, The University of Manchester
- Manchester-NAG-RAL Workshop (MNR13),
October 23, 2013
School of Mathematics, The University of Manchester
- A Brief Guide to Getting Started in Python.
Thursday September 12 2013, 1-3pm, FA1 and FA2.
Speaker: Drs Jonathan Boyle & Michael Croucher (EPS faculty IS team)
- Innovative space-time-parallel methods: Analysis and Applications, June 18-19 2013, The University of Manchester.
- A Minisymposia on Scientific Software and HPC will take place during the 25th Biennial Numerical Analysis Conference, 25th to 28th June 2013, University of Strathclyde.
- Course on CUDA Programming on NVIDIA GPUs, July 22--26, 2013, University of Oxford.
- Xeon Phi: a many-core architecture for high performance computing, 28th November at 14:15, Lecture Theatre 1.4, Kilburn Building, The University of Manchester.
- Hartree Centre Workshop: HPC as a Service for Industry - 29th - 30th January 2013.
- Lecture - Correct and efficient GPU programming by Dr Anton Lokhmotov. ARM. 21st November 2012, 14:15 in Kilburn lecture theatre 1.4.
- LMS Computer Science Colloquium: Verification and Numerical Algorithms - Tuesday 13 November 2012, De Morgan House, London. Please click here for the event poster.
- High Performance Computing Directions and Implications for Simulation and Data Analysis, Kirk E. Jordan (IBM), 9th August 2012, The University of Manchester - Abstract - Slides
- Perspectives on Parallel Numerical Linear Algebra (PPNLA), July 18, 2012, The University of Manchester.
- Course on CUDA Programming on NVIDIA GPUs, July 23--27, 2012 - registration can be found here.
- Design by Transformation: Application to Dense Linear Algebra Libraries - Robert van de Geijn (UT Austin), 1st June 2012 at 2pm, The University of Manchester, Frank Adams Seminar Rooms. Slides.
- ASEArch workshop - Dynamic Execution and AutoTuning, The University of Oxford, April 5th 2012.
- Advances in High Performance Scientific Computing, The University of Manchester, January 16th 2012 - Workshop Report by Wojciech Smigaj.
- NAG Technical Seminar, 18th January 2012, The University of Manchester
- Advances in Numerical Computation: A Workshop in Honour of Sven Hammarling, University of Manchester, July 5, 2011.
- Advances in Model Order Reduction, University of Manchester, July 6, 2011.
- Course on CUDA Programming on NVIDIA GPUs, University of Oxford, July 25-29, 2011
- Desperately Needed Remedies for the Undebuggability of Large Floating-Point Computations in Science and Engineering.
William Kahan (University of California, Berkeley)
2pm Frank Adams Seminar Rooms, Alan Turing Building, The University of Manchester
- LMS Computer Science Colloquium
Tuesday 11 October, De Morgan House, London
- Linear Algebra Aspects of Solving PDEs with Random Data, The University of Manchester, 9th & 10th January 2012