CALL for PAPERSThe Fifteenth Leslie Fox Prize meeting will take place on Monday, June 27th 2011, in the Manchester Institute for Mathematical Sciences at The University of Manchester.
Entries for the Fifteenth Leslie Fox Prize competition should be submitted by January 31, 2011. Any person who is less than 31 years old on January 1st, 2011 and has not already won a first prize is eligible. Each entry should consist of a paper, describing some of the candidate's research, that is suitable for a 40 minute lecture at a numerical analysis meeting. Whether or not the work has been published or accepted for publication is irrelevant, but no person may submit more than one paper. Candidates from previous competitions are encouraged to enter.
The entries will be considered by an Adjudicating Committee comprising
- Nick Higham (University of Manchester, Chairman)
- Mark Ainsworth (University of Strathclyde)
- Nick Gould (Rutherford Appleton Laboratory)
- Entries should be sent to the address below either electronically as a pdf file, or as three hard copies by regular mail. Entries must be received by January 31st, 2011.
- Each candidate should include a statement of her/his year of birth and should indicate that she/he would be available to present her/his paper at the meeting.
- A joint paper may be submitted by an individual candidate if accompanied by a statement from the co-authors agreeing to the submission and detailing the contribution of the candidate to the paper.
- Travel funds are not generally available to assist candidates who attend the meeting.
- The receipt of all entries will be acknowledged.
Any question on this notice should be addressed to a member of the Adjudicating Committee.
More information about the prize can be found on the prize website.
School of Mathematics
The University of Manchester
M13 9PL, UK
tel: +44 (0)161 275 5812
fax: +44 (0)161 306 3669